How to Delete Snapchat Account?: There were days when Snapchat was your ‘must have’, just like your doctor’s prescribed daily vitamin supplements. Now you are ticked off this multimedia messaging platform. Whatever the reason, now you want to delete and take the app out of your life. You must be thinking – how to delete Snapchat account? It is as simple as finishing a ‘coke’ between a world cup football match.
HOW TO DELETE SNAPCHAT ACCOUNT?
There are many new multimedia messenger apps/ platforms are in the fray. Some of them are equipped with better features than Snapchat. Some of you may have some personal reason behind saying ‘NO’ to Snapchat. Leaving reasons apart, now it’s time for you to know how to delete Snapchat account. You cannot delete your account instantly.
- Delete your personal information before marching towards deletion deactivation.
- Remember, you won’t be able to edit or remove your information once you have deactivated the account.
- Save your files and contacts to your personal computer
- While your account is deactivated, you won’t be able to sign in with your email address, and you won’t be able to change your password, so keep a record of it in case you want to log back in and reactivate your account in within 30 days.
Read More – How To Delete Instagram Account
STEPS TO DELETE SNAPCHAT ACCOUNT
If you follow the prescribed steps below, you will understand -“how to delete Snapchat account”. They are easy to understand and follow. Read them, follow them and get rid of your Snapchat account. But, you need to take precautionary measures as prescribed and then proceeding to delete your Snapchat account.
- Step: Go to support.snapchat.com/delete-account on any web browser.
- Step: Now you have to enter your username and password.
- Step: then, Now look at the box next to “I’m not a robot” > Check that box > press log-in botton
- Step: Now the “Manage My Account” page will open. Scroll down and press on the ‘delete my account’ button.
- Step: Enter your Snapchat username and password once more, and then press “Delete Account”.
DURING THE DEACTIVATION PERIOD
The 30 days long deactivation period provides you a chance to reactivate, if you wish. You can do this by simply signing in to your account within the 30 days. During the deactivation period you won’t be able to sign in with your email address, or change your password. Make sure to keep this information in your notebook as that will be needed if you want to reactivate the account.
AFTER THE DEACTIVATION PERIOD
The deactivation period lasts for 30 days. After that, your account will be permanently deleted. Snapchat will delete your account, account settings, friends list, snaps, chats, story, device data, etc. It is to be noted, Snapchat may retain some personal data for certain legal, security, and business needs.
Read More – How To Delete Facebook Account
Deleting Snapchat account is very simple. Follow a few steps and your account is deleted permanently. Make sure to keep copies of files and other iformation before you deactivate/ delete the account. Now say good bye to Snapchat.